ALVA’S COLLEGE OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION:
Alva’s College of Physical Education is a Unit of Alva’s Education Foundation, was established in the year 2005. It is affiliated to Mangalore University and is a unique educational institution that represents the academic and cultural character of AEF. Our college offers a Bachelor of Physical Education and a degree in Master in Physical Education. Our college comprises of a well committed teaching faculty, with spacious classrooms, 400mtrs track, Foot ball Court, Volley ball Court, Kho-Kho Court, Throw ball Court, Cricket pitches and a well equipped gymnasium, meritorious Sports persons are given merit seats in our college and an opportunity to participate at various tournaments. Our students gain rich experience in officiating and conducting various Intramural competitions, District level, State level and National level tournaments. Alva’s Ekalavya is a pride and prestige Athletic Meet conducted by AEF annually. Apart from academics, our college students also engage themselves in co- curriculum and extra curriculum activities. Around 457 students have completed their degree from the past 10 years.
Vision of Dr. Mohan Alva of building a strong Physical Education teacher’s fraternity is been well looked after by our college.
MISSION OF THE COLLEGE
Around the world-across language barriers, diverse customs, and unique cultures, Alva’s College of Physical Education shows great consideration as we implement New Theory for global peace. Integrity, Transparency in Education and Ethical educational practices is the foundation of our Education System. Alva’s (college of physical education) commitment to communities has become synonymous with education, Sports environment and health initiatives, and high safety standards. We work with our honesty, dedication and spirit for build strong partnerships in the communities for Global Peace.
VISION OF THE COLLEGE
All students will be Physically Educated, having acquired motor skills to perform a variety of physical activities, physical fitness knowledge, and intrinsic motivation to pursue a healthy and active lifestyle in an increasingly changing society.
Physical education an integral part of the total education process, is a field of endeavor that has as its aim the improvement of human performance through the medium of Physical activities that have been selected with a view to realizing this outcome.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME:
The duration of the B.P.Ed degree course shall be extended over a period of 4 semester -2 years. Each semester shall consist 20 weeks including examination and preparation.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION:
Medium of Instruction shall be English. However, the candidates are permitted to write the examination in English or in Kannada.
SPORTS AND GAMES:
Ample opportunities are created for the students to participate in sports and games. Free education to meritorious sports persons, training by professional coaches for different sports and games and financial support to participate in University, State, National and International level Athletic meet. Motivation for personal and group achievements in sports and games, special training to rewrite the meet record are some of the special attraction of AEF. Well equipped Alva’s Multi-gymnasium and Weight lift gym with trained professional coaches are available. Standard 400m track and play field for all the games events are also provided for extensive practice. Special Scholarship for outstanding sports persons is offered by the AEF.
ELIGIBILITY: (any one of the following)
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks and having at least participation in the Inter college/ Inter zonal/ district/ School competitions in sports and games as recognized by the AIU/IOA/SGFI/Government of India.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education with 45% marks.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 45% marks and having studied physical education as a compulsory/elective subject.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 45% marks and having participated in National /Inter university/State competitions in sports and games as recognized by the AIU/IOA/SGFI/Government of India.
- Bachelor’s degree with participation in international competitions or secured 1st /2nd /3rd position in National/Inter university/State competitions in sports and games as recognized by the respective Federations/AIU/IOA/SGFI/Government of India.
- Graduation with 45% marks and at least three years of teaching experience (for deputed in service candidates i.e trained physical education teachers/coaches)
The relaxation in the percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and In the reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC and other categories shall be as per the rules of the Central Government/State government whichever is applicable. In all the above eligibility categories SC/ST students shall have a concession of 5% marks in degree for purposes of eligibility.